Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Prayers for Yet Another Place and People I Love

Just a year ago it was Nashville. Inundated by flood waters. Wondering if things would ever been the same. They're still not. Then just last month it was Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and wherever else those storms went before they played out. Long way away from even wondering if normal will ever come again in those parts. Now it's Memphis. Threatened by the Mississippi, which has been the city's lifeblood. Downtown appears to have dodged what might have been. Out east where the Wolf River is running backwards, I'm not so sure. I went to Seminary in Memphis. Have lots of folks I care about there. Lots of places that just feel good to know they're there. So I'm praying for Memphis today. Especially for the poor there who have so much to lose and for those who will help them. They will help them because that's the kind of place Memphis is. It surely helped me when there were important things I needed to know. I invite you to join me in praying for yet another place and countless other people.

No comments: